Thursday 7 April 2016

Very exciting news!!!!!!

I've been sitting on some news for the past month that has been extremely hard to keep to myself. And finally I can now scream it from the rooftops. I'm a new Girl Friday for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!! This is my first time being part of a company Design Team and my team members are such incredible designers. I am so grateful for Michele taking a chance on this little old gal from New Zealand!!
 
Michele is introducing all the Design Team members on the CAS-ual Fridays blog and she is offering a $50 gift certificate to one random comment left on the Design Team blogs. That's huge!! So if you haven't already, pop back to the blog and see who else is part of the team and leave them some love!!

I wanted to celebrate by making two cards for this post. This first card design popped into my head while playing with this tiny tag:
 

I started off by die-cutting the tag from the 'Tag Buddies' Fri Dies from three different paint chip colours so I could create an ombre effect. I added foam tape to the back of each tag and adhered them to the card front. Scissors were then used to cut any overhanging pieces from the card edge.

I then die-cut the 'Friend' Fri Die three times from white CS, glued them together and then adhered over the tags. After stamping the sentiment from the 'Girlfriend' stamp set  in black, I glued it to the card, along with some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

 
For my second card I decided to do some floral water colouring. I stamped the flower from the 'Wonderful Words' stamp set on some water colour CS and used Distress Inks to colour them in. After they had dried, I fussy cut them all out and adhered to the card front using double-sided tape and foam tape. I stamped the sentiment in black (from the same stamp set) and used Wink of Stella on the middle of each flower. Co-ordinating sequins (orange from Neat and Tangled, pink and yellow from Pretty Pink Posh) were added for a bit more shine.


I hope you'll join me on my CAS-ual Fridays journey and if I do persuade you to do some shopping, please don't hesitate to use my code 'SHONA2016' to save yourself some money while you shop. That way you can buy even more!!

Thank you everyone for all your support, I wouldn't be here without you. I'm so excited and can't wait for this adventure to start!!

Thanks so much
Shona
 


 
    

45 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Shona, and how exciting for you to be a Girl Friday! Your Tag Buddies ombré card is so clever. It turned out awesome. Your dream probably came true when Michele solicited your talent. Love your floral card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news Shona! Congratulations!
    2 Beautiful cards to celebrate the wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Congrats! Can't wait to see more of your beautiful creations. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the
    Design team and
    I am looking forward
    to seeing your ideas!
    Lovely cards.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://autobinarysignalssoftwarereviews.com/tr-profit-system-review/

    Looking for the best binary options broker? Read ts article and learn how to find the best binary broker to start your trading business!

    http://toshkoraychevprofitsystemreview.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your Girl Friday position! Looking forward to lots of inspiration from your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I can't wait to see your creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations love the creative tag card such a great way to stretch supplies. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Girl Friday, congratulations! I really love your cards! They are both fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BIG congrats Shona, I can't wait to see what you create, what a great asset you will make to this team!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Shona! So happy for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your Girl Friday:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooo excited for you!!!!! congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Had a quick peek at your March posts and LOVE what I saw! You rock! (No wonder you were chosen! I pinned another card there.) Great work and Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on joining the Cas-ual Fridays team! Great cards. Love how CAS they are.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Big CONGRATS to you, Shona, I just love your style and am thrilled to be working with you! Both of these cards are fabulous, love what you did with the tags, so darn creative!! And your colorful bloom card is simply delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such fabulous cards! Congrats on your first Designer position -- you started out with amazing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Shona! I love the wonderful colors and the clever design of the tag card and the flowers are beautifully colored and the overall design fabulous! I can't wait to see what you have to share next for CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've fallen behind in commenting (again..sighhh), but I'm parachuting in here to say WOOHOOOOOO on this awesome news! Congratulations on this new DT role, which you deserve to the max! Looking forward to seeing yet more of your abundant creativity here! Your cards: only awesome, fabulous, fantastic, inspired, exceptional *grin* You know I love your style!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards! Congrats on making the CAS-ual Fridays team. Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats Shona! Looking forward to more with the girl Friday team.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Shona on being selected to join the Casual Friday Design team! Love your cards - gorgeous and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Big congrats Shona!! They are lucky to have you! Looking forward to all your fabulous new creations!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations! So excited for you! Love these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Shona, this is mega-huge news and you deserve enormous congratulations! This is just WONDERFUL news! I'm so pleased for you and I love your cards. My favourite is the second one - those flowers pop in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats, love both of your creative, fun cards.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on making the DT!!! Woot woot! I love your creative use of the tag dies and am going to have to scraplift this idea soon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are awesome! I'm totally in love with that tag background!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations! Both cards are fabulous! The tag background is such a cool idea and your flowers so pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. thanks for sharing your wonderful card designs.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your flower card is so fun and happy and I really like the tag design!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on being chosen for the team!! Your cards are so fun. Love those beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations Shona!!! I'm so excited for you. From the look of your cards, you deserve to be on the team.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats, love your cards! I would have never thought of the ombre tag idea and the coloring on your flower card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations!!!! These are amazing! Your tag card totally blew me away. Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Shona, Congrats! I am fairly new to the Casual Friday group - but I really like what I see and all the creative people there. Enjoyed reading about your cards today. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the tag card...what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations, Shona! Your cards are really amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm so so happy for both you and Michele, Sho!! Congratulations!! You are aces and you ladies are definitely making up a Dream Team!! Your cards are incredible!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  40. Yay, Shonna!!! Congratulations! You are an amazing designer and looking forward to see more of your cards using CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations, and I love these cards and your style.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your colors and style. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful cards!! Love the "paint chip" card especially! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Many congratulations, Shona ... on joining the Ink Squad and on these debut cards ... one cool and crisp, the other pretty and feminine ... and both fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete